September 7 to 16, 2019
The tour is also available for private groups of 5 to 10 riders upon request.
Hi, this is Mike from MotoDreamer. Me and my professional international team have been running Motorcycle Tours in South America for over 10 years as Motolombia Tours and Rentals. MotoDreamer.com is our new international venture and I’m proud to present Tibet in our program of extraordinary global destinations under the name Mototibet. Our international tours will be organized and led with the same passion and professionalism that has made Motolombia a success throughout the last decade.
The perfect 10-day vacation plan for you
What's included and not
Itinerary may change without further notice due to weather, road- or any other condition that the operator or its guides feel will jeopardize the safety of the group or material..
Welcome to Tibet, the Roof of the World! Your journey begins at Lhasa where you will be met by your tour guide at the airport and escorted to the hotel. You will have the rest of the day to explore the city on your own and acclimatize to the high altitude.
Tips of the day: As part of the acclimatization, we recommend that you avoid strenuous exercise and even bathing. It is best to take it easy, drink plenty of water and rest as much as possible. Overnight hotel accommodations.
On this day, your guide will assist with the necessary paperwork to obtain your local motorcycle license. The rest of the day is set aside for you to acclimatize and explore the city on your own.Overnight hotel accommodations.
Potala Palace- Jokhang Temple- Barkhor Street- Sera Monastery:
Start today’s Lhasa exploration with an exciting visit to inonic Potala Palace,regarded as one of the most beautiful buildings in the world.In addition,you will also visit Jokhang Temple which is considered the spiritual heart of Tibetan Buddhism.Our visit would not be complete without walking Barkhor Street,the ancient route to circumambulate Jokhang Temple.The last site of the day will be the famous Sear Monastery,where you will have the opportunity to observe monks debating in a courtyard as the have done for hundreds of years.
Tips of the day: •There are 1080 steps up to the top of Potala Palace.We recommend that you take it easy due to the high altitude; •Taking photos is not allowed inside the palace; •Today you will be mostly outdoors,plase bring some water,a hat,sun screen and sun glasses.Overnight hotel accommodations.
Lhasa-Yamdrok Lake- Karola Glacier-Shigatse:
A thrilling motorcycle ride is about to begin today!
We will leave the hotel after breakfast and ride to Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet. Along the way we will admire the sacred Yamdrok Lake located at an altitude of 4,400m. The deep turquoise water of this natural treasure creates a breathtaking panorama against its mountainous backdrop. Covering over 360 square kilometers, Yamdrok is the largest freshwater lake in the northern Himalayan Range surrounding area. As we continue our ride through the Tibetan plateau, prayer flags announce our arrival at Karola Glacier (5,045m.), a stunning white mass that can be seen up close due to its proximity to the road. From there we ride to the historical city of Gyantse prior to arriving at our hotel in Shigatse.
Our day begins with a visit to the official seat of the Panchen Lama: Tashilhunpo Monastery, is the largest and most influential Gelug monastery in the Shigatse Prefecture. We will have the opportunity to walk the cobblestone alleys and visit halls and chapels in this culturally important site. Later in the day we head to Tingri. Overnight hotel accommodations in Tingri.
Tingri-Gyawu-La Pass-Rongbuk Monastery-the Mt.Everest Base Camp-Old Tingri:
We start our morning ascent passing through villages where locals cheerfully greet us. We continue to the Gyawu-La pass (5,198 m) from where we can admire magnificent views of Mt. Makalu (8463m), Mt. Lhotse (8561 m), Mt. Everest (8844 m) and Mt. Cho Oyu (8201 m) in a breathtaking composition of jagged mighty peaks. Our ride then continues to Rongbuk Monastery, the highest monastery in the world, on our way to Everest Base Camp. Arriving at this site is sure to be an unforgettable experience! We then head out on an exciting off-road ride to Old Tingri. Overnight hotel accommodations on Old Tingri.
We leave Old Tingri to retrace our previous route to Shigatse. Stunning views of pristine landscapes will accompany us throughout the day. Overnight hotel accommodations in Shigatse.
This morning we ride through the Tibetan Plateau on our way to visit the famous Yangpachen Hot Springs on our way to Damxung. Overnight hotel accommodations in Damxung..
We start the day by crossing the Nagen-La pass (5190m) and beholding Namtso Lake surrounded by a serene grassland landscape. Namtso Lake, one of the three sacred lakes in Tibet is also the highest lake in the world standing at 4718m above sea level. We continue our ride to Lhasa to return our motorcycle rentals. Overnight hotel accommodations in Lhasa.
This morning we will say farewell to Tibet, our guides and driver as this amazing journey comes to close. Transfer to Lhasa airport will be arranged for your flight home.
Best of Tibet
Here is list of some of the best places that we will visit on the tour.
The Potala palace in Lhasa. Tibet is located on what is called the red [...]
Located in the heart of Lhasa, Barkhor Street is an ancient route used to [...]
The okhan Temple, wich means “House of the Lord”, is the most sacred Buddhis [...]
Located approximately 105 Km from Lhasa on the read to Shigatse, Yamdrok Lake is [...]
Mount Everest, which literally means “the top or the head of the sky,” is [...]
On Nov. 14, 2005, Namtso Lake was one of the most beutiful lakes in [...]
Please read carefully
About the tour:
- Environment: Tibet is culturally and spiritually rich and it possesses unparalleled natural beauty. Its ancient cultures can still be felt and seen throughout the plateau given that many regions within Tibet remain undeveloped. As much, hotels accommodation are moderate, water can be scarce at times and electricity is not always reliable and/or available in all areas. This tour has been designed to offer a variety of natural and cultural highlights that provide an amazing travel experience. The demanding itinerary calls for long distances on challenging road conditions. Thus, participants must possess an intermediate to advance skill level.
- Health concerns: Due to Tibet’s high altitude, participants are encouraged to obtain a comprehensive physical examination as well as get plenty of rest and sleep prior to traveling to Tibet. Abstaining from tobacco and alcohol use is also recommended before the commencement of trip in order to prevent upper respiratory infections.
- Items of daily use: personal First Aid items are recommended such as sun screen lip sun screen, lip balm, antiseptic cream, anti-diarrhea medicine and broad spectrum antibiotics (participants must contact their doctor). Given that temperatures can range greatly from morning to evening, long-sleeve clothes a wool sweater, and jacket are recommended in addition to sunglasses and sun hat.
- Road conditions: Landslides as well as rock and mud slides occur from time to time during Tibet’s rainy season. A full or partial refund will not be issued should the itinerary be interrupted by weather conditions or natural disasters.
- Culture: Participants are expected to be mindful and respectful of the local culture and traditions. Participants must walk clockwise when visiting temples, chapels, pagodas and similar structures. When in doubt, please consult your guide prior to engaging in a culturally or spiritually sensitive activity.
- Safety issues: Tibet is considered a safe place with friendly inhabitants; however, it is recommended that participants are aware of their surroundings and guard their valuables. Exploring areas in pairs or as a group is advisable to avoid unforeseen dangers.
Participants with any of the following conditions, you should not travel to a high altitude area of more than 3,000 meters: